about 1/2 yard each of 2 different fabric
1- 7 inch zipper
sewing machine and thread
1. Cute one piece of fabric 7 inches wide and 4 inches long. Cut the contrasting fabric 7 inches wide and at least 10 inches long.
2. Lay the zipper on the right side of one of the pieces of fabric with one edge lined up with the middle of the fabric.
Fold the fabric over, pin zipper in place and using a zipper foot sew about 1/4 inch from folded edge.
This is what it will look like after being sewn
3. Turn right side out, press with iron and sew about 1/8 inch from edge.
4. Repeat with the contrasting piece of fabric and it will look like this.
5. Lay the zipper side onto some fabric. Use it as a template to cut 2 pieces of fabric of the exact same shape and size. (For instruction purposes we'll call these pieces "backings")
6. Stack the pieces as follows: backing right side up, zipper piece right side up, backing upside down. Stack them directly on top of each other, lining up edges and trimming any excess fabric.
7. Starting about 1 1/2 inches from one of the bottom corners sew around edges at aboput 5/8 in. Be careful not to sew over zipper. End stitching so that you have about a 2 inch opening at the bottom.
Cut corners and turn right side out. Press.
8. Fold raw edges on bottom in and sew about 1/8 in. around edge. Optional: attach charm or ribbon to zipper pull.